Wednesday, April 14, 2010

to thailand

Over the past several years my heart has been broken for the girls in the sex trade in Thailand. Poverty in Thailand has forced hundreds of thousands of women into prostitution as their only means of providing financially for their families. There are more than 300,000 prostituted persons in Thailand. While my eyes have been opened to, and my heart has been broken for these girls, I have been praying about what part God wants me to play in reaching these people.

My heart for these girls is that they would know their value and the love that Christ Jesus has for them, and that they would find freedom in Him and from the sex industry. This summer I have the awesome opportunity through my church, Brentwood Church, to partner with an organization in Bangkok Thailand called Beginnings. The mission of Beginnings is to minister to the women in prostitution in Thailand by providing a safe haven for them where they can be given an education, which will provide them with different employment opportunities and to show them how valuable they are by showing them the love that Christ has for them.

I will be in Bangkok May 22-August 8th. While in Bangkok I will be serving with Beginnings by going into the bars to build relationships with the girls, as well as leading English classes at Beginnings as an outreach for the girls.

If you would like to be praying for me while I'm preparing for the trip, some specific ways in which you can pray are that God would continue to prepare my heart over this next month before my trip for the things I am going to see and experience, and for the people that I am going to have the opportunity to interact with. Also pray that God would prepare the hearts of the girls that I am going to meet while I am there. I truly believe that your prayers will pave the way for me as I prepare to take
this trip to Bangkok, and that your continued prayers while I am there will give me the strength that I will need daily to carry out the mission that I am being sent to do.

Thank you so much for your love and support. I am SO excited about what God is going to do through this trip and look forward to sharing my stories with you along the way.

1 comments:

Amanda Carver said...

Looks great Meg. Love the Brooke Fraser!

Post a Comment