I've always loved 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me.
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults,
in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.
So, I've definitely had moments when I've been thinking about this summer that I've asked God, "Hey... are you sure you know what you're doing? Do you really want me to go work with beginnings and minister to girls in the bars in Bangkok? That just sounds a little intense sometimes and, lets be honest, are you sure I've got what it takes? I could just stay back and pray. I'm sure there's someone better, more qualified..." There have been times where I've just felt a little bit like, who do I think I am that I think I can do this? But what I'm forgetting is that it doesn't matter if I can do it, because God can. It's like I limit God and forget for a second that the areas that I fall short aren't going to stop him from using me. The cool thing about God is that he's great at using weak people. He does it all the time and I love watching it. I love it when something is totally impossible unless God steps in and moves, and He always does.
I read this verse today and found it really encouraging.
Brothers, think of what you were when you were called.
Not many of you were wise by human standards;
not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;
God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things -
and the things that are not - to nullify the things that are,
so that no one may boast before him.
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus,
who has become for us wisdom from God - that is,
our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
Therefore, as it is written:
"Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."
1 Corinthians 1: 26-31
Praying for rain
16 years ago




3 comments:
God is working in magical ways with you Megan! It's so awesome to see! We will be praying for you :) Love you!
My dearest friend,you are so wonderful.I hope you can catch even a glimpse of what i can see from this view.You are Amazing and a perfect fit for this.Your heart is beautiful and our Abba is so honored to have you do this with him,you are gonna be the face of grace to these girls.Im so so so very excited to watch this unfold.
p.s. you did awesome on the blog. very cute!
To risk sounding like Steve Pettit...I'm so proud of you:)I'm so excited that you're going to get to meet my dear Thai friends and make new ones, and to share the love of Jesus through just being a friend to them. You are going to be a part of something so amazing and so beautiful. I love you and I'll be praying for you daily. Count it a blessing that God has called you, no matter how unqualified you think you are, to this incredible opportunity. :)
Post a Comment