I did it last year, and if I was there, I would be doing it again this year. If you live in, near, or are able to travel to Lynchburg, join Run For Their Lives on October 23rd to help raise awareness of the issue of sexual slavery and to raise money for Freedom 4/24 to be able to continue to support ministries that seek to provide women in the sex industry with a way out.
Last year it brought it home when I walked up to the booth to sign in on race day, and someone asked me if I wanted the name of a Thai girl written on my arm to remember who I was running for. Just taking it from the women in the sex industry in Thailand that my heart had already been broken for, and giving her a name, made it that much more real for me. I was running to raise awareness for Duan and to bring hope and freedom to real, breathing, hurting women trapped in a life of daily recurring shame.

This year, it's become even more real to me as the girls I'd cried over and prayed for, as the stories that had broken my heart came to life in the faces, personalities and relationships I now have with these beautiful girls who have become my friends. I love them so much it hurts. I'm so thankful for the opportunity I've been given to be here, and be a friend to these girls. To show them that there is hope and to continue praying for God to provide each of them with a way out. You're being given the opportunity to run. Run for them. Get your family and friends to join you and sign your kids up for the Youth Run!




2 comments:
We're looking forward to running!
I'm swiping this for the 424 blog :) you make me smile!
Post a Comment