First of all, I had to say goodbye to Lyndsey and Janette on Tuesday, which was very sad to put it lightly.
Then, all of the bars were closed for two days for "Buddha day". And regardless of the "reason for the season", and as much as I missed our girls, I'm so glad they weren't there.

Wednesday morning I left for Laos with Ann and Wan to take care of my visa. It was a very long, hot day. But we got my visa and I'm good through October 27th! In the mean time, we're going to be working on a work permit to last me through December.
Yay!
Here's a picture from the place where we ate dinner in Laos. It was right on the river. The land on the other side of the river is Thailand. So close, but so far away.
The second night we stayed in a city in Thailand called Nong Khai. I very much prefer Nong Khai to Laos. I knew it was going to be good the second I saw this promising rain cloud. The rain just helps cool things down so much!
Once it stopped raining, we got to explore. Here's a little bit of Nong Khai.

And last but not least, I finally tried roti. Lyndsey and Janette had told me that I haaaad to try it, but I just hadn't seen it yet. I know it kind of looks like cheesy bread, but it's not. It's actually a really good dessert. It's this dough that they cook and add sweet stuff. Mine had bananas in it. I don't really know how to explain it. But it's good.
I'm glad we got all the visa stuff taken care of for a while, but it's definitely good to be back. I went to the pool bars yesterday after we got back and again today. I missed all of our girls so much. It was SO good to see them again.
Man, I love them!




1 comments:
Nutmeg! Have I told you lately how proud I am of you?? Well, I am. It's just so moving to see how you and those girls are making a difference in the lives of those Thai girls. I'm jealous that they get to spend so much time with you but I'm so excited for you to be able to invest in them as much as you're able to by staying for so long. Just don't go moving there or anything :) I miss you so so much and can't wait to video chat again and catch up. Love you so much!
Post a Comment