Sunday, November 7, 2010

Beautiful Child

Speaking of Nic and Amanda...

So, in my last post I mentioned how my friend Amanda is a design genius. But, what I didn't mention is that her husband Nic is a super talented musician. Basically, Lou Lou and Sissy are doomed for greatness. Anyway, he wrote an amazing song called Beautiful Child, for Freedom 4/24 which he debuted at Run For Their Lives. You can buy the song on itunes. It's a 99 cents very well spent.

I've never been much of a writer and something I feel like I've struggled with some since I've been here is being able to explain in words everything that's been going on inside my heart and head when I think about and pray for these beautiful girls. I think Nic did a great job of expressing all of that through the words of this song. This song has been a real blessing to me while I've been here.

Beautiful Child

Beautiful child,
When did the brightness fade?
Can what’s been done be unmade?
Will there come a day?

Beautiful child,
How will your heart replace
What others have stripped away?
Will there come a day?

When wounds will be bound for their healing,
And soft words will silence the stealing
Of your heart, your lovely broken heart.

A new song, with melody sweeping,
The new dawn, a song of your healing,
And kindness, like you’ve never known
The day that you come home.

Beautiful child
Do you dream of life retraced?
Where your worth is not misplaced?
There will come a day…

Fading slowly out, fading slowly now, fading slowly out
You will shine with brightest light,
Gleaming bold in purest white,
Heaven’s grace will sing your beauty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment