This is Lou Lou.

And this is Sissy.

And this is just... more pictures of them because they're so darn precious.











It all started with COMS 101. Everyone and their mom recommended that I take Amanda for coms since she's such a great teacher, and I did and they were right. She is a great teacher. But she's not just a great teacher. She's an amazing person and has become a really close friend. She's one of those people that I know I can call about the stupid things or the deep things and she'll not only listen while I let it all out, but she'll really care. And not even just because we're friends. I think mostly just because it's who she is. She cares about people. A lot. I love her!
Anyway! I was in her class when she was pregnant with Lou Lou. And one day after class I asked her if she was going to need a babysitter. And she said something along the lines of "are you serious?"... and the rest is history and now they wouldn't be able to keep me away if they wanted to (please don't ever want to!). I had no idea going into it how close I was going to get with their family. Really, if you don't know Nic and Amanda, you're missing out. If I had to describe them in one word, it would be genuine. They just really care about other people. They're awesome people and awesome parents to Lou Lou and Sissy! And on another note... Amanda also happens to have killer design skills. You should check out her website here.
One of the hard parts about deciding to stay in Thailand until December was knowing how much Lou Lou and Sissy would grow while I was gone. I won't lie... I was secretly praying that God would stunt their growth until December. Go ahead, judge me. But apparently He wasn't on board with that idea, and they are getting SO big! Lou Lou's a genius (I mean she always has been, but she's talking so much! She learned to say Thailand the other day!) and Sissy's like 4 feet tall now or something. It's ridiculous really. But thank goodness for technology because video chatting with them often has helped so much!
This is a picture of them in two of the dresses that I got for them and sent home with Lyndsey and Janette. Thailand looks good on them :)

Anyway, today is Sissy's birthday! I can't believe she's already a year old!
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! I love you so much!




3 comments:
Well it was only fitting that such and amazing family should have such an amazing nanny. I love you and I love those girls too.
Thank you Meg, that was so sweet of you. We miss you!!! So glad God put you in my class!!!! =)
Awh! I am def tearing up! Miss you Megan, and I'm sure the girls do! .... goodness & truth in this blog!- candace
Post a Comment