Wednesday, October 6, 2010

fun post continued!

Badminton! There are two sides of the driveway with a gate between them and so the driveway has become the girls badminton court or field or whatever you call it. I've played with them a few times and we just usually end up laughing so hard that one or more of us is literally on the ground.







While Ann's mom was here we went to China town one night. We had a reason... but I can't remember what it was. Why did we go again? I know it wasn't for the shark fin or birds nest soup we ended up eating... what was it? I don't know. I can't remember. Oh by the way, birds nest soup is actually made out of swallow saliva. Wonderful! I asked Ann what it was before I ate it and she said "try it first" and then I took a bite and asked her again and she said "do you like it? finish it first". Oh come on! It really was actually kind of good. So I finished it. And then I asked again "so, what is it?". And she says, "its made from the saliva of a..." 'nough said. She couldn't think of the name of the bird at first, but really the saliva part was the weird part anyway. She knew what she was doing when she made me wait until after I'd eaten it to tell me. I still think it's weird that I ate bird spit.









That night we also went to the flower market. I loved the flower market!!! A lot! There's just something so happy about flowers! Normally when I'm at home and I feel sad or need to get my mind off something, I go to Target. It's very therapeutic for me. The flower market gave me a similar feeling. How can you not feel happy when you're surrounded by a gajillion flowers?





















We bought these flowers for 50 bt. That's about $1.50 for 50 roses. Nice, huh?









Don't you feel happy?

There's this cute little dessert place that Celeste took me to one night and then Ann took me with her again while her mom was here. It's called After You.



This is the Nutella toast. It was so good!

And last but not least... the ballet! If you don't know, I've done ballet since I was about 3 years old and just had to stop a year ago when I started having to take a few night classes and I couldn't fit it in. But! I'm going to say I'm probably not finished with dance just yet. Bonita and I were talking about how I've never been to a ballet, so for my "thank you" for staying here until December, she took me to see Cinderella! Bangkok has an annual festival of the arts type thing and there was a Russian dance group that was coming to do Cinderella. It was beautiful!









1 comments:

Sam Smith said...

Bird spit, huh?!?!? You'll never complain about Mommy's cooking ever again! (Not that you ever did...) Love you!

Post a Comment